Thursday, October 24, 2013

ViewPure: Viewing Youtube Videos Without the Worry of Inappropriate Content

I'll set the scene: it's five-minutes before the high school will be walking through the auditorium doors to view three video trailers. The stage is set, the projector is on, sound works - we're good - until Heather notices a lot of skin on one of the video suggestions that pops up at the end of the trailer -- no longer good.

Fortunately, I remember that Lori had tweeted or emailed something about viewing youtube videos without ads. I did a quick search and came up with ViewPure: this handy feature requires you to simply navigate to the ViewPure webpage, paste in your youtube url, and then it creates a new viewing site where you will no longer have to worry about comments, suggestions, and the annoying/most-likely-inappropriate-related-video-suggestions. Phew.

I have yet to find information on how long the ViewPure link works, but it was so nice to simply be able to plug the newly generated url into my browser and view the youtube video full screen, worry free. No on the spot, red-faced, made-up explanation needed when the students see something you wish they hadn't at the end of the video.

I suppose, in retrospect however, that  at least they were playing attention and observant.

1 comment:

  1. Matt! This is your best post yet (writing it as an in-the-moment narrative really gave it some life)! This morning went off without a hitch, as far as I could tell. I haven't used ViewPure, but I have use quietube, which is a similar tool. I think there are a few of these tools available.
    SN

    ReplyDelete